New Zealand Immigration Advice

When you want to apply for a New Zealand visa there are three essential methods to do this:

1. Complete the application form yourself

You possibly can select the visa you want using the Immigration website and full the applying form yourself with the data provided by Immigration New Zealand.

Each visa type has an utility type and accompanying guide. We advocate you read the guide earlier than attempting to complete the applying form.

Don’t worry if you get caught along the way in which; you’ll be able appeal to IPT contact Immigration New Zealand for help.

2. Interact a licensed immigration adviser

You can engage a licensed immigration adviser to help you along with your visa application however they must have a present licence.

A person who gives New Zealand immigration advice without being licensed or exempt commits an offence.

Earlier than partaking an adviser, check the register of licensed immigration advisers to make sure the person you’re partaking has a legitimate immigration adviser licence. Check the licence expiry date and type of licence (some advisers might only be able to advise on restricted areas).

The Authorities’s Immigration Advisers Authority supplies info on who may give New Zealand immigration advice and explains easy methods to complain if you’re unhappy. They also provide a helpful information about Licensed Immigration Advisers.

Should you have any issue finding a licensed immigration adviser or complaining about one, you’ll be able to contact the Immigration Advisers Authority directly. The Authority is responsible for licensing immigration advisers, receiving complaints and taking motion against those giving immigration advice without a licence.

3. Engage someone who’s exempt from the license requirements

You may also seek immigration advice from people who find themselves exempt from the requirement to hold a licence.

Outside New Zealand this exemption consists of:

training agents who are only permitted to present immigration advice on student visas

legal professionals with a present New Zealand practising certificates

foreign diplomats and consular employees

employees of the New Zealand Authorities who present immigration advice as part of their job.

In New Zealand this exemption contains:

attorneys with a present New Zealand practising certificate

members of Parliament and their employees who present immigration advice as part of their jobs

government staff who give immigration advice as a part of their jobs

volunteers at Neighborhood Regulation Centres or Citizens Advice Bureau.

The Regulation Society internetsite may help you find a lawyer or legal firm or check that your present lawyer has a current New Zealand practising certificate.